It’s dance audition season, so here are a few tips for getting your best arabesque shot.
1) Start with placing your supporting leg where you want it, with as much turnout as you can.
2) Find the arm line that suits you best: often it is a good idea to shoot 3 or 4 photos with different arms to see what works before you fine tune.
3) Don’t neglect the back foot and fingers! Feel your energy from toe to toe, finger tip to finger tip.
4) You need to be specific in you facial expression. This goes a long way to describing your personality to the viewer. Decide what energy you want to project, then go for it.
5) Make sure to find a dance audition photographer who has the eye of someone who knows how to look for and adjust your line. What you see in 3 dimensions in the studio and on stage doesn’t always translate perfectly to the flat 2 dimensions of the screen or the printed page.
For some more audition-ready arabesques, jump over to Facebook page, where we are celebrating Arabesque Week!
Need to get your audition photos ready? Contact me now.